Wednesday, October 17, 2007

What's the Last Bluegrass Album you Bought?

There's been a lot of chatter since the "Oh Brother" boom (now almost 8 years ago) that Bluegrass was movin' on up as a popular art form. I want that to be true, but I don't know.

Are there a lot of albums coming out to capitalize on this?

I just bought the newest Seldom Scene record (Scenechronized) and it's pretty good. Not earth-shattering, but pretty good. What else is out there?

Who is at the top? Scaggs put out a record with Bruce Hornsby, and while it might be interesting, it doesn't count in my book as straight up bluegrass.

Discuss.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heh heh ... with my job the last few years, I haven't had to, ahem, BUY any bluegrass CDs.

So, I have the new Scene, Stringdusters and a few others. They're all good.

Steep Canyon Rangers will be at 202 in Roanoke on Friday 10/19.

Chris Burgoyne said...

Let's go, I dig them!

Wayne said...

I had to BUY Alison Krauss' lastet effort. It's a good'un. I want to get Carry Me Across the Mountain by Dan Tyminski. (That may be part of the Asenath/Wayne set next time we get to go on at the Side Door) Ron Block has a new gospel album out. It has some pretty peppy stuff on it. Heard one cut on Sirius radio and it was rockin'.