Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Real Boss Jam at the Mill

Maybe it was cause it had been such a long time since all them JBs got together in one place, but the jam was indeed cookin' last night. The full complement of JBs, supplemented by new ace Cory and Banjo Jason Wheeler lending their talents, the jam ran through a whole stack of old favorites, and added some new ones like Sugar Coated Love and Used to Be from the dusty songbook we keep there. They sounded pretty fresh if you ask me.

Least that's how it seemed to me - I didn't get there till after 8.

3 comments:

Wayne said...

I found it rather enjoyable myself. That Cory dude can flat pick a guitar! It was good to have the JB's there. Kind of like a practice. I think we may need it. I saw where the band playing after us Friday at Carroll is Exit 109 from Hillsville. The placed third at Galax this year!!

Chris Burgoyne said...

We can hang with anybody.

Ralph said...

Good crowd of pickers and listeners Monday nite. Next week, students are back, so we'll probably be swamped.

Sharkey's was packed Thursday nite. Ack! They're back! Summer's over.