Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Galax - 8/4

No matter what the judges say, Ralph tore 'em up with his rendition of Cumberland Gap last night. The roar from the crowd (the Radford contingent) was amazing! Bunch of fine fiddler's up there, our guy included.

Not a whole lot going on jam-wise that we could get into. Ralph, Jason, Joe and myself picked for an hour or so with our old friend Vernon Elkins, his brother Paul, and several of their buddies. Had a good time with them. Joe, Jason and I looked around the grounds for some others to pick with, and even though we found some folks we knew, not much pickin going on. We stopped and listened to a couple of groups playing and then ended the evening sitting down and watching Heather Berry and some of her friends jamming at a campsite. They were mighty good.


Had a good time. May not wait 25 years before going back again!

2 comments:

Ralph said...

Well, sometimes watchin's as good as pickin'. (Didn't Briscoe Darling say that?)

Thanks for backing me up last night, Wayne. That was a good time. I especially enjoyed playing with Vernon and Paul again.

Goes on all week! More pickin' to be had thru Saturday night, if any of y'all get the itch.

Chris Burgoyne said...

Y'all had more fun than me, I'm sure. Wait, I take that back, I had a nice Indian dinner with some friends from work, but I still woulda like to have been there. Go Ralph!