Monday, August 24, 2009

Good Times at Nesselrod

Congratulations to everybody who made it out to the Hackensaw Boys/Patrick and Goorskey show at Nesselrod on the New last night. Thanks to Ian Fortier for putting the shows on. The earth mover was still present on the outer ring of the amphitheater which tells me that they're in this for at least the short term long haul and the shows will be back next year. I hope so. Maybe I'll even ask somebody who knows!

Saw lots of pals last night, and lots of families with lots of kids dancing around. Good times had by all as far as I could tell. The rain held off, Scott and Abe played the kind of music I love to hear - lots of brother duet stuff and fiddle tunes, the beer was available, and the sound was good. What more do you want in the NRV? Come on people!

Anyhoo, I was glad to see so many familiar faces supporting local music venues. Good job, folks!

3 comments:

Ralph said...

That was a fun one, fer shure. The sprinkles didn't last long (but the beer did!). The H-Boyz set sounded the same after a while -- BUT it might've seemed that way because I was chasing a 3-yr.-old all night and I had A LOT of beer. Drank more on Sunday in Fairlawn than I did during my week at the beach! Not proud of that, just a fact.

Chris Burgoyne said...

I agree the HBs sounded pretty similar from song to song. I think they're more suited to a dance tent or a bar than the open air, but that's a piddly complaint.

Regarding beers, I enjoyed a couple before the show and a couple at the show. I went to sleep pretty easy.

I owe you a beer there, Ralph. Thanks!

Joe said...

Sorry I wasn't able to make it out last night. I had good intentions. The rain scared Christi off and my back went out yesterday afternoon picking up a sock, so I wasn't feeling too good. Glad the show was good and the beer is flowing out there now. Look forward to next year I guess!