Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Aug 17th Jam

Not a bad little jam last night. Started off kinda slow but got better. We started with Jason, George, Nancy, Richard, Frankie, Kendall and myself. When we figured Doug was not coming, we gave Chris a quick call and he bailed us out with the bass. After he got there, we added Joe, a new guy on the guitar, Cory, and then PJ took a turn on the bass. Kendall took one too, in order to give Chris' finger a break.

We had a good crowd, some of which looked to be new to the jam. I left at 9pm to head to work, so I can't speak for the happenings after that. I know Tim was in the house, but don't know if he played any. We missed our fearless leader, Ralph, but muddled through in his absence. Hope we are at full strength next week.

1 comment:

Chris Burgoyne said...

Timmy didn't play a note that I saw. But Jason was group-minded, Joe was there to help, and it's always good to see and hear George Smith.

One upside of the small group was we got to give a lot of good cuts to Christian and New Guy Cory, who is real good. (He's a Grier fan, so he's more than OK in my book.)

I got more blisters on my bass pluckin' hand and my almost recovered sore throat had a relapse trying to sing higher than Wayne, but a so - so day of pickin (and I was so-so at best) is better than your best day workin or whatever the saying is...

See youz next week!