Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Tuesday morning jam report and public flogging of Christopher "Rip Van Winkle" Burgoyne


Jam was good (see Wayne's comments below). Good crowd, new tunes. We played "Walking in My Sleep," which leads me to ...
One person was conspicuous by their absence: A certain mandolin-carrying, scruffy-faced, Yuengling-swilling dude named Chris Bergoon ... Bergeron ... Bubbagump ... or something like that.
"Working for the man..." my bass fiddle.
"Sleeping on the job is more like it."

Following Sunday's late-night exploits, which dude was a no-show at the jam:
Doug -- up at 5 a.m.
Ralph -- up at 6
Wayne -- up at 7:30
Joe -- up at 7:30
Chris -- up at ???? 8? 9? 10? STILL asleep???


Somebody buy that boy an espresso!

2 comments:

Chris Burgoyne said...

Well you can't prove a negative. 90% of all statistics support that, and 3 out of 4 doctors who are actually asked, sometimes agree. I did make my 10:00AM meeting, but I had to work late, if you must know. But I won't deny that I have the weakest work ethic in the band. You're beatin' a dead mando player! Besides, I heard none of you guys were there and that I really was.

Chris Burgoyne said...

Nice likeness of me, though. Where'd you get that? Looks like I'm still in my jammies. Damn you, paparazzo!