Monday, November 10, 2008

It's one long train wreck without Wayne

Well, not quite, but he was missed. Chris introduced his own train wrecks with Doin' my time......... and with This here Bottle.
Richard and Doug and Ralph did the triple Lindy on the fiddle which is gettin' better and better. In the collaboration column, Young Master Jason took Chris' "Song Book" and pulled out "Don't Get Above Yer Raisin!" with Ralph singing lead. Love me a song about raisins!
That actually turned out pretty good. Jason also pulled out the Bugle Call Rag, and unlike Timmy, Jason's copy of the Earl Scruggs songbook has the ending of that song in it, so we only played it for 7 minutes instead of the usual 35.

Mmmm...What else? Apparently Pulaski is gouging the citizens with new property taxes. Rise up people! Stick it to the man.

4 comments:

Ralph said...

I disagree with the "train wreck" metaphor -- maybe more like a "coal train pulling hard up Big Walker Mountain for three hours."

Kendall Weddle was actually the Jam MVP. He sang several of the classic Kendall Kovers, but the unquestionable highlight was his stunning version George Jones's "White Lightning," complete with a musical belch at the end. You know that any man who can belch in time and in tune is a world-class talent!

Wayne said...

I'm sorry I missed the new tunes and most certainly the belch! Sounds like it was a good time. I got at least 2 more weeks to go. Haven't seen my Dec. schedule yet, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed on that front.

See everybody on Sat. Chris, are we gonna pick some in the afternoon for recording purposes???

Joe said...

Kendall was quite the performer last night, whistles, burps, yodels, etc --- I'm scared to think what other bodily sounds he can produce in time and in key --- probably can toot/burp the G major scale in harmony! Conflatulations!

Chris Burgoyne said...

Can't go too wrong with George Jones. We should do The Race is On.