Sunday, November 9, 2008

My Zappa Phase

Wayne told me he'd never listened to any Frank Zappa. That's ok, I never got into Alabama, though I did enjoy me some John Denver along the way.

I'm always a little taken aback when people say they don't like Bill Monroe's singing, or Bob Dylan's for that matter. It's the same with Zappa. Nobody else sounds like his bands. For my money, he was hardest drivin' band leader since Bill Monroe.



Christine got me a DVD for my birthday that successfully started a full on phase. I'm diggin' up all my old stuff.

If you've got nothin' but time. Listen to both versions of this tune. Totally different band. Reminds me of Doyle Lawson, contantly shufflin' bands, but setting a standard so you know, when you go see Doyle - like we're gonna next 11/21, you know you're gonna get a kick A band.

No comments: