Monday, June 23, 2008

A wild one at the Mill

Here's a pic from the Side Door.

Yo yo yo! We're back at the Mill for the first official jam of Summer. Lots of stuff , folks, and weird omens! We had a good crowd, but we had to fill the big whole left where Wayne usually sits. Sound-wise guitar players had to pick up a lot of slack, and Chris struggled mightily to make up some of those harmonies. Ralph ended up breaking his fiddle, but thank goodness Richard was there to fill in. He's ready for the big time. (No more excuses, Richard--you gotta be there every week, sawing away. Or else, I'm serious.)

Dick ended up with a drink spilled on his shirt. A big jam got going outside. Chris owes a young lady a pick. Scott Patrick came late. Slash brought his new bass, but it never came inside. Jerry passed around some real good pix of the Side Door from Saturday night.

Mister George, and a fine dobro player from Shawsville added some fine touches. A good and non-typical typical Monday night at the Coffee Mill.

See ya next week Wayne! (PS -Teach me Matterhorn, willya?)

7 comments:

Ralph said...

"The Jam Gets Out of Hand" or "The Night Ralph Broke His Fiddle" should be the title of last night's jam!

Still not sure how I managed to knock my own fiddle out of my own lap, but I did -- and popped the fingerboard off.

Oh well, I needed to take it to a repairman, anyway, for a tune-up (and maybe a tuning).

Chris Burgoyne said...

I'm going to tell the story of how you El Kabonged Joe with your fiddle because he looked cross-wise at your wife. It's better story than how you juggled it and then dropped it trying to wave at somebody.

Ralph said...

The truth is never as good as fiction.

I think I hit my head on Joe's banjo. That is true!

You have to admit, the fiddle looked pretty as it floated there in the air, all gleaming in the lights. Right before it crashed.

Chris Burgoyne said...

Ralph in slo-mo...
"Nooooooooooooo!!!!" [Crash]

Were you there later when, as near as I could tell, a lady threw drink on Dick. (The guy who looks like Satna Clause on vacation.(And I mean that as a compliment.))

Ralph said...

No! Did she do it on purpose? What's up with that? I saw a lady who used to accompany him show up late, but I was on my way out.

Wayne said...

Sounds like a missed a great jam, a little misfortune, and some soap opera action. I thought about you guys a bunch. We are having a great time. Stayed on the beach for about 3 hrs. today. Got a little burn, but nothing some good ole mountain dew won't help me forget about. I'll definitely be there next week!
Ralph, you do have a 2nd fiddle for the fourth gig, right?!?!?

Saw the post about the SDS. I missed being at that one, too. Maybe I can get back in good with you guys soon, so I won't have to pay new membership dues for these events!!

I'm getting ready to go out and eat and then maybe get into a little mischief somewhere. I'll check back in later.

Ralph said...

Mountain Dew? They've got moonshine at the beach???