Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Back in the USSA

Hey y'all, we're back and in all complete sets. We lost no luggage, were victims of no crime, and caught no disease. Had good, fun times. Travel is good.

Actually, we came back with more luggage than when we left with--what's up with that?
We humped it from JFK into our buddy's place up in the Bronx. We took the A Train up to Harlem, and then the D past Yankee Stadium. Saw a guy playing latin beats on plastic tubs near the subway, and rode over to see Duke Ellington's grave. Miles Davis is right next to him. Beautful up in the cemetary--feels like your out in Connecticut. Got some real pizza in the Italian section. (Of the Bronx, not the cemetary.) Good times.

Maybe the JBs can get on this one. Doesn't have too many chords.
Take the A Train:


Anyhoo, we're back in PA now and heading to VA tomorrow. Maybe we can do some pickin' this weekend? I'm jonesin' for a Salt Creek or three.

Love me some Brubek and he loved him some Duke. (Wayne--check out Joe Morello; one of my fave drummers.)

CB

3 comments:

Wayne said...

Glad everyone is back in the good ole USofA safely! I don't have any time this weekend to pick. Work has got me pretty much tied up!

See ya at the jam on Monday though, right??

Ralph said...

Welcome home, Chris! See ya soon.

Chris Burgoyne said...

IN A cruel twist of fate, it looks like I might be immediately forced to travel for work next week and miss another jam.
Picked up my mando upon return and it actually hurt my fingers. Can't believe they got soft that fast.
"Wuss ako!" That's Tagalog for I'm a big wuss.