Thursday, June 26, 2008

Calling all musicians

August 2nd, we have Shed number 2 reserved all day.
I'm envisioning a cross between the Side Door and our Coffee Mill Picker's Picnic. (We haven't done the picnic in a year or two.)

I figure we'll set up the PA and have some sets by locals a la the Side Door, and intervening jamming by the jammers, interruped occasionally by eating, frisbee-ing, and maybe even some tubing. When we know who's gonna probably come, we'll know went to start and end, and how many burgers to buy.

I'd like to get a head count of who's around, who wants to play, who wants to help, etc.

ping me at chris.burgoyne@gmail.com.

Of course this conflicts with other scheduled events, and if you're planning to go to one of them, go in peace and have fun. There's no weekend in the summer that doesn't conflict with something. I just want to know who might be into it.

Thanks!

1 comment:

Wayne said...

I've asked for the whole day off, so I can help in any way. I plan on being there most of the time, and will pick, cook, and generally goof off. I'll probably get the wife there for a little bit around meal time. Let me know what I need to do......
Beach is still great. Weather is nice, food and drink is excellent, and the overall vibe is very relaxing. If it weren't for the JB's and the jam, I might not come home!
Saw a band at an outdoor lounge/bar last night. It was amazing how many songs they knew! People were yelling out requests from every genre of music, and they were playing 'em note for note. It was a blast!

See ya soon!