Sunday, June 29, 2008

Oh, I love those hills of old Virginia.......

Made it back from Myrtle Beach. While, those "Myrtle Beach days, have some fun in the waves" is nice, it sure is good to be home. Had a shag or two and saw a couple of really good musicians. I blogged a little about the house band at an outdoor bar earlier. On Friday night, I went to "Crocodile Rock" at Broadway on the beach. This is a bar with dueling pianos. They had 4 guys who rotated by twos on the hour. They took requests from the patrons and played everything from the blues, to beach music, country music, southern rock, classic rock, and even some U2 and Prince. They were awesome! I'm still amazed at how folks like that can remember lyrics, and also just pick a tune out of the air. That is one place I would recommend for anybody visiting MB. I'll go back again next time I'm there!!

I'll be a little late, but will be at the jam tomorrow. Can't wait to get my feet wet again, and probably have some sore fingers!

2 comments:

Ralph said...

Yay! Wayne's back, Chris, Joe, Doug and all the JBs should be together again!

We had some great jamming indoors and out last week. If the weather holds, I'd look for a repeat.

Chris Burgoyne said...

I used to work in a bar like that. That's where I learned Rocky Top. I was a rock and roll head from the burbs so I didn't know ANY country. They played that every night.