Sunday, October 26, 2008

JBs* Fire Em Up at the Pumpkin Patch


I love this gig. We got rained out yesterday, but the sun was shining today so we headed over to Sinkland Farms to play for the folks out there. Sinkland Farms is fun cause you have half a carnival going on with the corn maze, and the animals, the kettle corn, the ice cream and whatnot. Maybe it was me, but it seems like people dig those last couple Autumn weekends before it gets dreary and cold. I saw a dude with his shoes off soaking up the sun. I got sunburned the first time we played there, but that was like a month ago.

I can't say much exceptional happened, but there was a good crowd out there and we had a good time. The kids were dancin' - I guess we were playing in time at least.

Lacking any actual memorable moments, I guess Wayne's blistering guitar leads were the story of the day. It wasn't freezing cold, so we stayed in tune most of the time. (And I didn't break any strings, either!)

They must've liked us-we're committed for next year. This year - Sinkland Farms. Next year - the Tropicana. Dream big, JBs!

5 comments:

Ralph said...

Sorry I missed these gigs. They sounded cool. This fall's been too busy.

Looks like the Phils have salted this one away -- unless they're primed for a historic choke!

Chris Burgoyne said...

How dare you! Phils won't let me down the way they did in '93, or the way the Eagles have in multiple Super Bowls.

Gig was fun but not astoundingly wow-riffic. Lacked fiddle and front man strength.

Ralph said...

I don't know -- that's a fine-looking bluegrass combo you've got there.

Wayne said...

I thought we did pretty well considering we were without our fiddler and main crowd pleaser! How'd the recording come out, Chris?

I had a lot of fun, and the hot dog afterwards was really good! Wish the ice cream line wasn't so long........ :(

Chris Burgoyne said...

The recordings were good except for the parts marred by wind noise on the mikes. It's just more practice figuring the darn thing out. The hot dog was quite good, also.

What's up with Philadelphia? World Series rainout? I can't believe it's never happened before.
Oh well, today...tomorrow. Whenever. No TB Blues for us.