Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Jam report for Filly Fanatic

Good crowd, good times Monday night. Sorry Chris. We all hoped you were sitting in the 39-degree rain in whatever corporate-named ballpark that is up there. At least they have a dome in St. Pete!

Wayne's mando was ubiquitous (that's a good thing, Wayne [and Joe]). Joe and Jasonalex traded banjer licks like a couple of hobos swapping a bottle of Wild Irish Rose at a bonfire. Doug laid down a steady thump. Nancy, Sandra and Mary overpowered their male counterparts -- Sandra leading the way with three songs.
Kendall, Frank, Richard, Ken, the dobro guy whose name I can't remember, late-arriving Brian (on guitar), PJ (on fiddle) and one of their buds rounded out a fine night of pickin' and singin'. Dale, Tim, Slash and Scott watched longingly from afar -- well, except for Tim, who spent the entire night chatting up a young lady. Can you imagine!
Some of the crowd was still going at it 10:10. Wayne and I wished them good luck with the tables and chairs and darted through the snow flurries to our warm abodes. I turned on the game and looked for Chris, but he was probably passed out in a bathroom stall.

4 comments:

Wayne said...

I wish that I had been the one witty enough to write this. It was a good 'un last night. Not too many players as to make it mushy, but plenty of good pickers to make it interesting!

Saw the game when I got in too. Great weather in the City of Brotherly Love. They could have gotten it finished, if they had played down at the Dedmon Center.

See everybody at the Lantern on Sunday. Maybe we can get a Sunday night football crowd to listen to us?!?!

Chris Burgoyne said...

I am a Filly Fanatic, and also a Philly Fanatic. And I was "resting my eyes" in that bathroom stall. Sounds like a good jam, as always, though the snow flakes are disheartening.

Joe said...

Congrats to the Phillies! I like those 3 1/2 inning games. I think MLB should consider mini-games for those like me with attention challlenges of watching a 3-4 hour game ;)

Chris Burgoyne said...

That was a fun 1/3 of a game wasn't it? Lots of action, scoring, tension, and the good guys won!