Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Miss McLeod's Reel

Remember that show McCloud? I do! I'm not as young as I look!
Well, last night Ralph pulled out Miss McLeod's Reel (pronounced McCloud) . It's a tune I love and learned years ago, but it's among those tunes I never pull out because I figure no one knows it and it'll be a train wreck and everyone will hate me and a crowd will burn my house down.

Ralph knows better, and the jammers got on it last night.

If you are at all worried that you can't handle it, check out these kids!

If they can do it you can.

They play (according to the notes) Turkey in the Straw, Miss McLeod's Reel, and Hopak.

All of which begs the eternal question that only I seem to ask, which is, what did Miss McLeod do to inspire somebody to write her a reel?

1 comment:

Wayne said...

Would it be illegal for kids this age to play Whiskey Before Breakfast?