Friday, September 7, 2007

Concert for Virginia Tech

I didn't make it out to the Due South BBQ jam last night as I was at the Concert for Virginia Tech. I actively skipped Phil Vassar, missed NAS, and got in there just in time for John Mayer. He was good. I wasn't that familiar with his work, but he is a pretty wicked guitar player. I was most impressed that his band was a bunch of old guys! They made the JBs look young.

Dave Matthews was good, too. Surprisingly light on radio hits for a benefit show at a college, but I think most of the crowd was more familiar with his catalog than me. I kind of lost track of him after the first two albums. But he didn't play anything from the first album until 2 hours into the show.
He had a full horn section, which sounded really good to me.

Thought I spotted Ms. Babylon up in section 16, but I wasn't 100% sure. I turned around again and she was gone. Was Mr. Berrier interviewing the stars last night?

Check the Roanoke Times and find out!

Watch em set up the stadium in seconds!

2 comments:

Wayne said...

The guy in the fiddle post sure looks alot like the guy that wrote this article. (His photo is in the extra section with his "Riffs" column. He has more hair in the video, but I think it's him. He's everywhere!

Anonymous said...

I interviewed no stars, but I did write a little somethin'.
Ruth was there for 30 minutes. Somebody gave her a free ticket on the sidewalk!