Monday, September 10, 2007

Bluegrass Boys

They don't come by often, but every once in a while, we get somebody at the jam who's seen it all, and been everywhere.
Tonight we had a visit from Butch Robins, who spent some time with Bill Monroe. I got to talk to Butch at some length and he has a lot of stories to share.
Check him out here:


Butch is the only Bluegrass Boy I ever picked with. We didn't play tonight, but he sat in with us at the jam about 2 years ago.

Then check out his website here.
Be his friend here.
And find more here.

Oh, and the regular Coffee Mill crew was there and rockin, and we had some new guys, too. Who was the dobro player? He was smokin'.

1 comment:

Wayne said...

The guy is a talker AND a player! I wouldn't mind hearing some of his stories. He might tell something on somebody that we all know of. I just like hearing the "inside" scoop.

It was a fine jam last night. Played a few new ones, got a little better on some old ones, and had a good time in general. So good, as a matter of fact, that I think I'll have to restring the guitar today!