Saturday, August 25, 2007

Olen Gardner and the Zippiatoes!

I got a call from Bill Adams last week asking for Dale's number. He said he needed a guitar player to play to with him and Olen Gardner in Christiansburg. I gave him Dale's number and I guess Bill felt kinda guilty so he asked me to play, too. Well, we all showed up to play at Christiansburg this morning at the Heritage Days festival. It was local legend Olen, and Bill, the great young picker Abe Gorsky and his pals, and local legend Jack Hinshelwood of the Celtibillies. Java Brother Doug Capobianco was our Bassman. We had about a dozen pickers.
It worked out good, though.
At a break Olen mentioned he was on the U-Tube. I found it here:

It was a fun gig! We got to see a real transformer blow up and everything.
I'll tell you the whole story some time.

PS--We were not officially called the Zippiattoes--Olen certainly had nothing to do with it! I like to play tunes at the pace of "zippy," which in italian musical terminology translates roughly to "zippiatto."

1 comment:

Wayne said...

Tell ole Bill you know another guitar player who likes to get out there every now and then!