Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Missed the Monday Jam

Howdy friends,
I missed the Jam Monday as I was working up in NYC. [Any of y'all ever seen Midnight Cowboy?]
Anyway, hope somebody will let me know how it went. I'll bet it sounded something like this...


I ran into Lisa, one of the ladies who booked us earlier this year for the two "Hoedown for a Cure" shows we did and she said they're looking to do it again bigger and better next year, so look out for that. I ran into her while CB and I were visiting Norris Hall, where all the shooting was. All the folks there are working extra hard to get the ESM department back on its feet. For lots of people it's out of the news and faded into history, but something like that doesn't really go away for the people who were affected, so keep em in your thoughts.

Lisa is all for moving forward, and as I am of a like mind, who's up for the Due South Jam tomorrow night?

1 comment:

Wayne said...

It was quite a jam!! Not too many folks playing, which as you know, sometimes lends itself to some quality pickin and singin. I tried to hold the mando down for a bit. Fortunately, Casey got there and made it sound respectible.

I'm waiting on Ralph for the Store gig on 9/14. Also, he and Joe to confirm the 9/22 gig. We may have 3 for Sept. That's what I like!!!

Hope to see ya next week!!