Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Another Tuesday Morning...

'Sup homies? The kids were cookin' at the Mill last night. I had to cut out early, but I don't think it hurt anybody. Wayne was pounding his mandolin into submission, Aseneth was breakin' in her fiddle, and Ralph was leading the crew as usual. In my short time there, I heard some good choppin': Cripple Creek, Fire on the Mountain, what else? Hmmm...maybe I wasn't there that long! No Joe Abercrombie last night. What's up with that? He's almost as unreliable as Chris Burgoyne!

Watch out for the hot new banjo player on the scene. Things are progressing nicely, I'd say.

Any of y'all goin' to Galax this week? I'm thinking about heading down Thursday night. Who's with me?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Might make it to Galax for one night if the grrls are up to it. You shoulda brought your friend to the jam.

Chris Burgoyne said...

My friend was in Blacksburg and gettin' ready to leave for good. Just one of those things.

Anonymous said...

It was a fine jam last night. WIsh you coulda stayed! Don't think I'll make it to Galax. However, the talk amoung the JB's present was that we should begin making plans to give it a go for playing next year. Mark your calendars now!

Wayne