Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Another Golden Evening of Beautiful Song

Good jammin' last night! Kudos to Mistah Ralph for bustin' out some new songs. Well I guess none of em are new at this point--some fresh songs, anyway.
Cold Wind and Can't You Hear me Calling. Jason is the new banjo sensation. ("New" again a funny word because he's been hanging around about 2 years, I think.) He's been practicin'!

Aseneth is gettin there on the banjo, Wayne is moving to the front of the line on the mando, Casey's movin to Nashville, I think, and I'm movin' outside.

We made our first public, semi-formal announcement of the Side Door Sessions to the Jamfolk.

Pass the word:
7-10, Saturday October 13th at the Side Door. $5 Per person!
It's at 3rd and Grove. The entrance is the "side door" on Grove St, facing the big parking lot and the office supply store.


I'd like to get the thing sold out ahead of time, so if you know who's coming with you now, get with me, gimme the $5 apiece and I'll print you a groovy ticket.
We're trying to cap it at 35 people, and judging by the response so far, it's gonna be a hot ticket.

6 comments:

Wayne said...

Had to post a correction. Asenath is getting there on the fiddle. I think she has the banjo down pretty good! I'll get with you in a week or so about anyone wanting to come from my side of the house, so to speak.

I'm looking forward to it. Give all of us here in blogger world an idea of hwo you want to proceed. Say how long would each "act" have? I think Asenath would do at least 4-5. She may want to invite Chris, Doug and some others to be up there as well. I'm holding off on any John Denver. Don't want to run the crowd out early in the night!!

Ralph said...

Chris, do you have a prospective lineup? I can start promotin' and commotin' (whatever that means).

Wayne, holla at Wilson to sing some JD with you.

Wayne said...

I'll hold off on the JD for this time. I will be up there with Asenath and the JB's (if they still want me!) That's enough of Wayne for one night.

I'm assuming this will be such a hit that we'll have another. We'll break out the Denver stuff then......

Chris Burgoyne said...

Let's have a meeting! I have a few songs I'd like to do, but haven't assembled my lineup. Bill said he can't make it, so the swing jazz set is out the window.
You have any tunes you always wanted to play, but never felt it fit the jam, or the JBs or whatever? Now's the time. Mike and his old time banjo for a song or two? Dale knows a lot of songs. Scott Patrick. I'd like to do some two guitar tunes with him.

Wayne said...

Asenath should know by next week as to whether she is off from work for sure or not. If she is, then I'll do a tune or so with her. I'll get you a list when I know. If she can't come, I'll listen a bunch and play with the JB's. If you need/want some rythmn for one of your sets, let me know. I could meet with you on Sunday afternoon for some discussion, or practice.....

Ralph said...

I would happily pour coffee and sell cupcakes and take money if there are enough musicians.

Yeah, see if Scott P. will bring his band. Heck, ask Scott Fore. I think his schedule is winding down.

Invite Olen and Frances.

Three or four duos, trios or bands, plus maybe a JBs grand finale and you're set.