Sunday, June 14, 2009

We Used our Bible for a Roadmap

It's always nice to play music in a church. To be honest, there's little else these days that will get me there.
The Java Brothers exposed themselves (musically speaking) to another congregation this morning. This time is was Radford's Central United Methodist Church. It was nice for me especially cause I walked over, enjoying a perfect June morning.

We saw some very kindly folks and enjoyed some fine community. We played the aforementioned Reno-Smiley number - "I'm Using my Bible for a Roadmap." On top of that, Deb helped us with "I'll Fly Away," and we gave 'em "Hallelujah, I'm Ready to Go."

I dedicated by unspoken prayer request to Miss Ella Watson, who's been blessed with the chance to get the liver transplant she needs, but even on your luckiest day, that's not a procedure to sneeze at.

So keep her in your thoughts.

Come on down and see us at the Coffee Mill on Monday, and remember we'll be doin' our thing July 4th in Bissett Park.

3 comments:

Wayne said...

I really enjoy playing in churches about as much as anything we do. The folks are always nice, and seem to appreciate our music. You don't always get that kind of response from people when you play other venues.

If you want, we'll put your prayer request on our church prayer group chain. It can be a powerful thing to have than many people shouting out for ya in prayer.

Chris Burgoyne said...

That would be nice. Thanks.

Ralph said...

The Methodists of Radford sure do seem to dig the JBs! It's good for me, because I get to see a buncha people I haven't seen in a while.

Chris, will keep her in our thoughts.