Monday, June 22, 2009

Great show at Sunken Garden

The Infamous Stringdusters were in terrific form during the latest Sunken Garden Sundays showcase yesterday. They drew the biggest crowd yet -- more than 100 in the "amphitheatre" and a lot of people on the hill. I'd say easily 150 total.

I didn't know a lot of the new material, and they definitely cut loose with the jammy stuff, but they played 2 excellent sets. Would have more details if I hadn't spent most of the evening chasing a 2-year-old all over Fairlawn.

They tore up "Uncle Pen" just as I piled into my car.

1 comment:

Joe said...

I agree a most excellent show in a beautiful setting! We really enjoyed it and also got a kick out of watching Lil' Lucy do her thing and mingle with the crowd.

Stringdusters put on a fabulous display of outrageous pickin' and strong harmonies.

Blue Moonshine also put on a fine warm-up show and had the crowd going with several tunes as well.