Tuesday, June 23, 2009

A good jam to see

If Mr. Seibert had to go out after last night's jam, he coulda done worse.

It was an interest jam last night. That's what I logged on initially to say when I was sad discover that Mr Simpkins had passed. It was a fairly small group of pickers, and missing some of our leading lights. I was dog tired, so I played and sang even crappier than usual, but I always when the regular group is shuffled, we got to some new and some neglected songs, and different folks got to take breaks. Ralph and I got to harmonize, which was fun. Christian and Mary go some serious solos in on their respective mandolins. Our new pal with old Martin mando was there. Richard is getting more fluent every week on his fiddle. Doug held us all together, as usual.

An average night of pickin is alwasy way better than a good night of anything work-related, to paraphrase a bumper sticker I read somewhere...

So I retroactively dedicate "Over the Waterfall" to Mr. Simpkins - safe travels!

1 comment:

Wayne said...

Even when I'm on vacation, I pause to think about the jam. I'm sorry I missed it, but we are having a good time. Weather has been exceptional, and we've been out and about most days (and nights!). Headin' home in the morning. I'll touch base with the JB's about a possible practice before the 4th, and see everyone else next Monday.