Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Heaven gains another fine banjo picker - Seibert Simpkins

It's with great sadness I learned that Seibert passed away early this morning peacefully. I enjoyed my brief friendship with him and his company at several bluegrass jam sessions including Snowville on Thursday evenings and Coffee Mill on Monday nights.

Although I wasn't able to make it to the Coffee Mill last night, I understand from Richard that Seibert was there listening and enjoying the fine music --- it gives me comfort he was enjoying himself!!

Seibert fully enjoyed the music, and although not always out in front, was a fine banjo picker and always ready with a smile. You'll be missed. Joe

2 comments:

Ralph said...

Goodness, Joe. Yes, he was there with his wife. I am very sad to hear about his death.

Chris Burgoyne said...

That's a bummer. When I go, I want to go after a jam as well--somewhere past my 90th birthday would do.

Vaya con dios, banjo man.