Monday, April 6, 2009

Tar Heels Deplete Jam

The Heels are playing tonight? Is there a big game or something?
I got to the jam at my usual time, very late and found that I had to park very far away, but the Mill was not the least bit crowded. Seems everybody went to Sharkey's to watch the big NCAA champeenship.

I don't have a dog in that fight, but my friends seem to like Carolina, so God bless em. But the Coffee Mill's loss was my gain (and Sharkey's too). The jam was sparce enough that everyone could actually hear each other, and we dug deep in the song book for tunes we don't normally play.

Wayne must've liked it cause he stayed till almost 10 even though I know he was planning to watch the game. He probably knew it would be a blowout. There's nothing more boring than a blowout.

Wayne tore up a good ol "Freeborn Man," Asenath did an Alison Krauss tune I haven't heard her do before, we whipped out the Ramblin' Man, and Wayne even did a John Denver. We was all over, and it sounded real good.

4 comments:

Ralph said...

Wayne missed the only good part of the game!

Wayne said...

Nah. The real good part was watching 'em cut the nets down! I had the DVR on so I watched some of the first half during commercials.

Thought the jam was good. I like the smaller groups. We got a good bunch accomplished!!

Finally.....HOW 'BOUT THEM HEELS?!?!?!?

Ralph said...

Sorry about Villanova, Chris, but not really.

Chris Burgoyne said...

Final Four ain't bad.