Sunday, April 19, 2009

Side Door 12...on the uh...shelves...

Thanks everybody! We had another awesome time. Thanks extra to Wayne, Ralph, and MC Dale Cash for helping me with the boring heavy lifting stuff.

I was pleasantly surprised by the turnout this time. Lots of new faces and a great mix of die-hards, regulars, and semi-regulars.

I dug Lucinda and Shelly harmonizing, I was really impressed my Tim -- he's been hiding his Dobro skills under a bushel-basket!
The JBs tore it up with an all 70's set of fiery bluegrass. (We didn't get to the Allman Brothers, but almost!) Finally, we saved the best for last (and that is my opinion, not reflective of the management of Absorb Bluegrass) American Roots dug really deep. I loved the Blue Monk most of all, but they gave almost an hour of Doc and Merle style finger pickin -with a bass player this time.
Awesome.

Talked to an attendee who praised the mix of music. I take no credit because it's mostly random, but I think we did have a real good mix of good, and also varied acts.

Don't know yet when the next show will be, but we're looking at June.

Thanks again to all the musicians and music lovers who are keeping this show rolling.


Your pal,
Chris

1 comment:

Ralph said...

Definitely a good mix of music -- folk-pop, folk-OT-blues, folk-bluegrass (I'm just staying with the theme) and folk-roots. Great stuff.

I thought Wayne Eastridge on bass helped make this the best AmRoots set I've seen. Tim and Andrea were a revelation.

Chris, how about posting a list of all the acts who've played at the SDS? That would showcase an impressive group of performers.