Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Jam Report (For Ralph)

We had a good turnout for such a cold and sometimes snowy night. Don't know if I can name everyone, but I know we had Dale, Larry, Richard, Frank, Christian, Sandra, Nancy, Kendall, Jason, Doug, Chris, and myself. There were a couple of other guitar players that I have seen before, but don't know their names yet.

Things got off to a little slow start, but when Chris arrived, we seemed to pick up the pace. I think he was determined to get us going. Kendall sang a couple of new ones, at least they were new to me. Larry rolled out What Child is This? on the dobro to begin to give us that Christmas feel.

It was Jason's birthday. (Dec. 1, keep that date in mind because next year will bring about one of those BIG birthdays. We made need to celebrate it with a big blowout!!) I think his whole family, including the in-laws showed up! They brought some cake and he got the usual happy birthday singing from everyone present. Sandra told us as she was leaving that it was her birthday, too. We made her stay long enough so we could sing to her, and then she was off to celebrate properly.

Had a good crowd of regulars and a couple of newcomers. I was glad to see Lewis. He let me know that he had been there a couple of times and I hadn't been, but it was good to see him out and about again. Music was good, and everyone enjoyed themselves as usual. We can't wait for our fearless leader to return! Hurry back Ralph...........

2 comments:

Chris Burgoyne said...

Lewis still calls me Dale. I guess I should correct him. We had a pretty good jam considering we were missing Ralph AND Joe. It was noisy, so I had to really smack my mando to hear it- maybe that came across as being wound up. Whatever, I did get wound up! The cake they got for Jason was really good, but Mister Frye chided me for taking an end piece. Hey - the thing was almost gone, and I wanted some of that side frosting. I make no apologies. Everyone did their part to fill the void (cept maybe Jason -"I don't play on 3rd and long situations, coach"- Wheeler. Richard took a ton of good breaks. Wayne was pickin' like a blind man. Miss Sandra fired up a fine Angeline the Baker one the fiddle. Everybody took their cuts. Casey came late and took up a lot of the slack.
Good times! Roll on, buddy!

Ralph said...

Thanks Dale!