Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Jam report 2/1

A fine group of musicianers and listeners warmed themselves by the fire of the jam Monday night. More than 15 music-makers plowed through songs like a VDOT truck through a snow-covered street. Well, better than that actually, considering my street. There were about 40 people in the place most of the night.

We dusted off old favorites "Big Scioti," "Cattle in the Cane" (which Chris led on fiddle! Last 2 weeks: bass, fiddle, no mandolin), "St. Anne's Reel" and many sing-alongable tunes, too.

Coming soon: 10 Years of the Radford Fiddle and Banjo Jam.

4 comments:

Wayne said...

Sounds like another good time. Sorry I missed it! I'll see ya next week for a couple of hours!

Chris Burgoyne said...

Missed ya Wayne. You left it to me to hit the high harmony. (And I don't sing that high.)

Ralph who's that kid on the fiddle?

I've been coming to the jam for 6 plus years, and that blows my mind, man. Best 6 of my life, honestly. (Coincidently married to Christine, of course, but facts is facts.)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.