Sunday, January 24, 2010

Wow!

I've said this before, and I'm sure I'll say it again, but I have a tendency to go into these shows with terrible anxiety because I don't know what's going to happen. Bands might not show up, they might play badly, if I'm playing, I'm sure to forget the words...etc.

This week was no exception. And like the thirteen previous shows, things worked out just fine. In fact, they worked out way better than fine. I remembered the words to my songs, Ralph helped me out and we didn't have any trainwrecks --success! Once our set was out of the way, the Java Brothers did their best (our best?) to tear it up, and I think we represented ourselves well. Thanks to all in attendance for the encouragement.

After the JBs, Bob came right out and turned the show on it's head with some great solo banjo ballads. There's something really great about the clawhammer banjo that I find irresistable, and my boy Bob's got it.
The crowd was particularly feisty last night and they got a show. The last band up was the Brian Peters trio, who I had never heard at all. They fit the bill at the Side Door because they were local, willing to play, recommended, and best of all, a jazz band. We'd never had one, and I was excited. I was nervous, too, though because, as I said, I'd never heard them. I needn't have worried, and with Vibes, electric bass, and drums, they took the joint over with great tunes like
Take the A Train, Chameleon, Four, Blue Bossa, Blue Monk, and and All Blues for a demanded encore. They were really great, and I loved how the crowd responded to them.

The whole show was exactly what I had in mind when we started this thing. Music of all kinds played for an attentive audience in a groovy atmosphere.

Thanks again to all the musicians and volunteers who helped and the audience who come and make the Sessions their own!

See you for the next one on February 20th!

5 comments:

Ralph said...

Great show, Chris! I counted about 60 people there before I left. Hope enough folks stuck around to jam.

The Feb. 20 lineup looks outstanding.

Chris Burgoyne said...

I think we let some people slip by the door (but not many).

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Joe said...

what happened to that last comment that was deleted??!! looks like you got hacked...

Anonymous said...

[COLOR="Red"][B]Click on the pictures to view in full size[/B][/COLOR]

[URL=http://www.wallpaperhungama.in/details.php?image_id=12779][IMG]http://www.wallpaperhungama.in/data/media/32/Asin-80.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

[URL=http://www.wallpaperhungama.in/details.php?image_id=7237][IMG]http://www.wallpaperhungama.in/data/media/32/Asin-71.jpg[/IMG][/URL]


[url=http://www.wallpaperhungama.in/cat-Asin-32.htm][b]Asin Hot Wallpapers[/b][/url]

Photo gallery at t WallpaperHungama.in is dedicated to Asin Pictures. Click on the thumbnails into enlarged Asin pictures, intimate photographs and exclusive photos. Also constraint discernible other Pictures Gallery for Squeaky distinction and High Boldness image scans, talking picture captures, movie promos, wallpapers, hollywood & bollywood pictures, photos of actresses and celebrities