Tuesday, February 23, 2010

The Undiscovered Country

The Jam ended its 7 year run at the Coffee Mill in Radford last night. The place was as packed as it's ever been, and then some. The pickers got in their last licks and a lot of familiar faces were there to be part of the Last Jam, but it wasn't really a bummer at all for me. The incredible turnout of listeners and players told me that we're just being shushed off and we'll roost somewhere else.

All signs are pointing to us ending up at Wade's for the time being. I've heard a lot about groups who want to take us in, and it's great to feel welcomed like that. I've been going to the Coffee Mill Jam for as long as I've been in Radford, and it's where I've met 99% of my friends in this town. The jam is a giant reason I like living here, and I'm going to work to preserve it. I'm not alone, though, so like I said, I'm not at all bummed. This is a chance to perfect the jam!

Ruth Babylon made a cool video of the last jam. It was good one, a mostly typical one. But it's not the last jam, it's just the last jam for the Coffee Mill.

Y'all stay tuned for updates on our next stop!

No comments: