Monday, September 28, 2009

Thanks!

Guess we'll do it again.
The Side Door was another real fun time. Maybe cause it was all folks hardy enough to brave the rain who made up the audience.

Probably it was the musicians who threw themselves into putting on a fine, totally new show.

Thanks to Bill, Kendall, and Doug for throwing down the real deal country sounds of Hank Williams. Awesome steel playing, there Mr. Bill!

Thanks to Scott, Slash, and the expanded Hillbilly Hot Club for a really special mix of flatpicking and Gypsy jazz. I read somewhere that Django hated other guitar players. If that's true he really would've hated Scott, because Scott is awesome and he and the band threw down on Saturday night.

Thanks to Jim, Jeff, and Michael of Rocket Surgery. I really enjoy playing with those guys. I like to play with groups that don't really sound like anybody else, and they achieve that.

The jam went later than we ever have I think. Orla/Viola, Corey

We had some fresh faces and new converts to the Side Door. Spread the word and we'll keep Rockin' Radford. (We'll keep Radford rockin'? Both, I guess!)

I'll let you know about the next Side Door when I know when it is.

See y'all at the Jam,
Chris

1 comment: