Monday, January 5, 2009

Rested and Ready

The Coffee Mill squad tore it up tonight. It was a good turnout (as usual at this point, no?) and the caffeine was ripping through their veins. I got there late, but I heard a lotta good pickin. Wayne tore up his newly acquired Martin and started a new era at the jam, I have no doubt. George picked a buncha good ones, Joe was sick, Casey picked a few and split, Christine and Isabella left Chris behind and he picked a few he could remember including No Hiding Place, Rawhide, Roll On(e) Buddy, the Vincent Black Lightning, and Prayer Bells of Heaven. Ralph busted out the Orange Blossom Special. Too long since we heard that one. We played Cheynenne and Southern Flavor from Doug Dalton. Scott Patrick showed up with his new guitar, and we got into California Cotton Fields and Bad Moon Risin'. There was a really nice How Great Thou Art, a fine Blackjack...what else? A good ol' Billy in the Lowground.

I can't remember what all after that, but tons of great tunes.

Good job y'all and I'll see yuz at the Side Door Saturday night.

2 comments:

Wayne said...

I had a great time last night. The Martin came from a good family, who took great care of it. I only hope I can pick on it half as well as Scott. I am looking for honest comments on the volume of it. I couldn't really tell a whole lot last night, but if I need an adjustment to bring it out more, I'll get 'er done.

I heard that Casey was leaving the area. Is this going to be anytime soon? Should we throw a party for him? (Any excuse for a party!!) We're gonna miss his fine playing at the jam and obviously at JB gatherings.

I'll be at the Side Door right around start up time Sat. Gotta get there in time for Joe's set, and to pick with the JB's!!!

Ralph said...

Hope Joe's over his cough!

Terrific jam last night.