Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Cold picks, hot licks

We had a nice little jam last night. Missed a few regulars -- several, really -- and the crowd was down a bit, probably due to the cold.

George, Jasonalex, Nancy, Doug C., Richard and a few of us held down the fort for a while before reinforcements arrived in the form of PJ, Scott, Brian and others.

Tim Pak, our new friend from Michigan, laid down some nice dobro licks, Joe sang and picked with wild abandon, Ken and Frankie played rhythm and me and little brother joined right in there. Apologies to anyone I missed.

Played lots of standards early, mixed it up later with "Shenandoah Breakdown," "Bill Cheatam," "Pike County Breakdown" and some tunes and songs I forget. Oh yeah, a young college boy arrived who picked and chopped the mandolin with great enthusiasm.

3 comments:

Wayne said...

Sounds like another good time. I thought about all of ya while I was toiling in the ole "salt mines." I'll be there next week for a couple of hours before I go in for a night shift.

See ya then.

Chris Burgoyne said...

I thought of yuz, too. Wayne - are we rooting for the Cardinals, now?

Wayne said...

Yeah. Gotta stay with the NFC. (And don't want the Steelers to have more rings than the 'Boys!!)