Thursday, December 20, 2007

JBs* at the Blackwater Loft Cafe in Floyd

If any of y'all get cabin fever or become overwhelmed with family and festivities, the JBs* will be playing music out in Floyd on Friday night. We'll be at the Blackwater Loft Cafe coffee shop. The Loft is upstairs across from the Country Store in Floyd. This engagement will feature selected available Java Brothers, Wayne Frye, Chris Burgoyne, Joe Abercrombie, and Dale Cash, and our bass-playin' Java Sistah Susan Gaskins. Wayne's gonna play a whole lotta mando, so watch out.

Should be a blast kickin' out the jams on the longest night of the year.

Come on out, y'all!

If you CAN'T make it to Floyd, and I understand, but you are in the Radford area, check out the pathway in Wildwood Park, they're going to have the path lit with luminaria (sp?) and I think there'll be a fire and a pot luck at the outdoor classroom. If I wasn't committed to being somewhere else, that's where I'd be!

2 comments:

Wayne said...

I hope ya didn't mean that the lumin...(whatever), would cause the fire!! I hope we have a good crowd at the Loft. Susan is always a treat to play with. A fine bass player, and great singer, if we can get her in there on a few! Dale will add some of those country-style tunes that should make it a different kind of JB's experience. Thus, the JBs*!!

Chris Burgoyne said...

Nahh...It's a marshmallow kind of fire!
Susan is a better singer than me by a long way. We'll just have to nudge her up to the mike. Think she reads this page? I kinda doubt it. :)