Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Tight Unit

This post got eaten, so I'll post again, just for YOU!

Sup homies?

Chris got back to the jam after missing a couple in a row, and he was glad to be there. A small but talented unit held forth at the jam last night. Ralph, Doug, Joe, Wayne, Asenath, Christian, Larry, Kendall, Richard, and Mary were there when Chris arrived. They whacked out a bunch of fine tunes. Midnight Moonlight in honor of Peter Rowan's visit to Floyd Fest, a groovy Wheel Hoss, Stuck in the Middle of Nowhere, Temperance Reel, Rebecca, Deep Elem Blues, and I don't know what else.

Timmy showed up at 9:50 to pick one or two and help clean up. I saw Tim Pak there, but didn't here him play.

We had Pete and his wife in from New Zealand which was cool. They're friends of Richard's and appear to be living charmed lives of world travel and leisure. My hat's off to them, and I hope we'll see them again next year.

Casey Elder was at the fine Floyd Fest and sends greetings.

2 comments:

Wayne said...

Good to have you back, Chris! I can quit flailing the mando now! I always like the jam, but having a smaller group like we did Monday promotes some quality pickin'. It's always good when you can hear each other!

The whole night was a little less "jam" packed. Smaller crowd, etc., but again, not so bad to have every now and then....

Chris Burgoyne said...

I was very glad to be back, but alas, I have to miss Monday 8/3 as well. You're back on Mando duty! And you might stay there - Ward Eliott is tuning up my guitar, so I might be taking a few sessions to reacquaint myself with my instrument, if you know what I mean...