Tuesday, July 21, 2009

OK, since it appears everybody's abandoned posting to this blog but me ...

... I'll tell you about last night's jam.
It was a good one.
Two large jams, inside and out, went late. I left at 10 and Wayne and Asenath were still holding court inside (literally, since Wayne's a magistrate). On the sidewalk, the bluegrass brat pack (with elder statesmen Kendall and Bill) looked like they were in for the long haul.
Large crowds gathered in the Mill (where they need folks to spend money to keep the doors open) and on the concrete. Fiddles were played and fun was had.

5 comments:

Wayne said...

Asenath and I played a couple of tunes and left. I was home by 10:20pm. The outside jam was still going. Jason says he won't be there next week, so we need to make sure Joe and Asenath are in attendance.

Thought it was an overall good jam. Getting a couple of people more involved, like AveDave and Christian. Christian is starting to wear the mando out, and is singing along a bunch, too!

Maybe we should do something for Sandra when we find out when her last night will be. Waddya think?


By the way, how is the Mill doing? Do we need to promote some stimulus type spending when we are there? We gotta keep 'em open on Mondays.

Ralph said...

I think the Mill is doing fair to middling. The new mgr. has made some nice changes.

Next week might be it for Sandra. I'll check.

Chris Burgoyne said...

Glad you guys are still rockin.
There's no jam in NJ that I've found yet.

:(

Sandra leaving. Also :(


I hope to be back in the saddle next week. Heard you had two good times without me this weekend. < sniff >

Ralph said...

No, we had GREAT times without you!

Joe said...

"All the good times are past and gone..."