Monday, February 25, 2008

Monday Jam

The Monday Jam was on fire tonight. There were just too many pickers. I guess it's a good problem to have. Slash noted favorably that Ralph was back in the saddle. Things get a little frayed without the leader. Got a visit from Fiddler Jim, who's been practicin'! PJ brought some pals from Salem, and hopefully they'll be back. All the usual faces.

No Sloane, but just about everybody else was in the house--like I said, it was so packed you couldn't get a seat in the store, let alone in the jam.

Scott Patrick played me a recording he made with Sammy Shelor and I am GREEN with envy. I'd say he was lucky skunk, but it's just his hard work paying off. Way to go Scott!

My last thought relates to my last post, entitled "Unqualified Success." I'd like to think I'll be honest with y'all when the Side Door eventually bombs, and it's bound to happen. But the last one was really good. I think there was only one guy who had a bad time, and that was a guy who didn't realize it was BYOB and got mad and left when Wayne wouldn't let him in the beer fridge.
Sorry guy! Hope he gives us another chance, but if he don't, oh well...

Check you'z latah!

Don't forget JD Crowe March 8th!

2 comments:

Ralph said...

Yeah, Wayne rebuffed me when I tried to grab a beer from the fridge. Oooo, I was mad! So mad, I vowed to get everyone back by playing off-key all night.

Good jam, as usual. Wonderful singing by a newcomer -- Susan I believe her name was -- who sang Don't That Road Look Rough and Rocky and something else.

Wayne said...

I think her name was Andria. Either way, she was a good singer and pretty good rythmn guitar picker, too!!

We need to give Casey a shout for bringing in the bass as a backup for Doug. In a crowd like that, the bass was A MUST.

By the way, I like being the beer police! Don't know if the fellow got his $5 back when he left, but I told him to go get his own and come on back. Guess he thought the $5 cover was for all you could drink. Now that would put us under for the night! Anyway, he missed a great show because of lack of beer. So Be It.