Monday, February 18, 2008

Living Legend Alert!

JD Crowe is coming to town!!!

Don't be a fool! Schedule yourself to be in the audience on March 8th, 2008 for JD Crowe and the New South.

More details will follow, but suffice it to say, you don't want to miss this one!

I've been hoping for a long time to meet JD, not just for his bluegrass playing, which is legendary and inspiring, but also because I've got a couple screenplays I want to pitch him.
In the first one we rewrite "Shaft in Africa" and change nothing in the film-not story or dialog, except we exchange JD Crowe for Richard Roundtree. And instead of people saying, "Hey Shaft!" they would say "Hey Crowe!" I'm telling you, this is a gold mine. Copyrighted, of course.
Another super sweet idea I had was a sequel to "Being John Malkovich" naturally called "Being JD Crowe". I have roles for both Crowe and Timmy Mills in that one.
Another involves JD as a vampire, which will knock your socks off.
They say if you want to be successful, you have to get a big name to sign on to be in your movie, and there's none bigger than JD.

No comments: