Sunday, February 22, 2009

Another Side Door Done Gone on!

We had another fun Side Door, this one interesting in a number of ways.
We had more variety in the music than we've had in the past, spotlighting the dulcimers, bodhran (sp?), and flute of Simple Gifts of the Blue Ridge. We also had old time fiddle and banjo, "contemporary eclectic" folk, and more straight up bluegrass.

Big thanks to Dale for his great big MC-in!

I'll probably write more later, but here's a snapshot of one of our bands.

I've been wanting to get some old time fiddle and banjo into the Side Door since we started, and finally, thanks to Bob Browder, we got some.
Bob was scheduled to play with Russ Boyd, but Russ couldn't make it. I think it was our lucky day, though, cause Bob brought Mary Predny with him, and they fired up some fiddle and banjo duets that got some flat footin' afoot!

Bob Browder and Mary Predny:

Film courtesy of my snazzy Flip video camera. (Thanks Christine!)

Thanks to everybody who came out! I saw lots of new faces and got lots of emails from folks who wished they coulda made it, but couldn't, so I think this thing is officially thriving.

4 comments:

Ralph said...

How many folks were there?

Chris Burgoyne said...

I think top head count was 55.
Dr. Carl told me it was one of his favorites. It remains a crapshoot for me.

Your friend Emily was there. Says hello.

Ralph said...

Outstanding!

Emily called us just as we were heading out the door to the VT game.

When's the next SDS?

Chris Burgoyne said...

How bout 4/11?