Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Jammin'

It was another boisterous night at the Mill last night. It was one of our typical summer nights with a healthy crowd inside AND out. Strangely, the outside crowd didn't seem to feel like playing. They hung out and chewed the fat and played nary a note. Inside they fired off notes in abundance.

Notable: Mister Wayne returned from Moytal Beach - tanned, rested, and ready to pick. Wayne's Mom enjoyed his version of "Muddy Water" and suggested it be added to the JB's Independence Day set. I concur. He also played "Lonesome Pines." Ditto for the 4th.
Ralph busted out "Pallet on your Floor" and that one's on the big list too, if you ask me.

Miss Asenath and Master Harlow dropped in for a visit from Chilhowie, and reminded us that we've been missing them a bunch. Mister Christian came by, but he didn't feel like pickin' either. Guess all those mando players didn't notice I was strugglin'!
Our pal Brian Muller came back around and eventually played.

Somebody just asked me what colors mosquitoes like. Funny thing is, I feel like I used to know. Musta burned too many brain cells listenin' to banjo music. How's that for a non-sequitor?

No comments: