Monday, May 5, 2008

Summer Pickin' Kickoff!

I guess it was the warm weather, but we had a fine, fine jam tonight. Ralph busted out the Jim and Jesse tune I always wanted to do, "Lonesome Feelin'." I shook my old tune book up and brought out some I'd wanted to play. "Carolina Star," "Greenlight on the Southern," and maybe one or two others. It's fun!

Scott Fore dropped by and picked a few tunes on Dale's guit-box. Slash and Timmy hung around. Susan Gaskins graced the outside jam with some surely fine bass playin--always good to see Susan. Gentleman George played a few. I STILL don't know Mattherhorn.

Very important news: Kendall has signed on for Side Door 6 on June 21st. Mark your Calendars in RED!

Thanks to everybody who wished us bon voyage! Try not to give my jam seat away. We'll be dropping y'all some emails and some pictures. I hear there's a good bit of Bluegrass in Japan. I'll find what I can in the Philippines. What I'll be looking for most aggressively, however, it the perfect buzz in the sun. Wish us luck!

2 comments:

Ralph said...

Bon voyage, Chris! Save travels to you, Christine and Isabella.

We'll miss you at the jam, but we'll have a chair waitin' for you when you get back.

Ralph said...

Um, that'd be SAFE travels to you and yours ...